Recovery assistance grants of up to $25,000 are now available to support the recovery of primary producers in North Queensland impacted by Tropical Cyclone Niran.
Assistance is being provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
To be eligible for assistance your property must be located in one of the defined disaster areas:
- Cairns Regional Council
- Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- Hinchinbrook Regional Council
- Mareeba Shire Council
- Tablelands Regional Council
The maximum exceptional circumstances grant amount is $25,000.
- An initial amount of up to $5,000 is available (an initial claim). To support an initial claim evidence of the direct damage such as photographs, quotations, tax invoices and official receipts is required.
- A subsequent amount of up to $20,000 is available (a subsequent claim). To support subsequent claims full evidence of payment is required. (This evidence must also include any amounts claimed under the initial claim if not already provided).
Note: multiple applications can be made up to the maximum amount available under the exceptional circumstances grant
Applications close 17 September 2021